Tune Ups & Maintenance
Today’s engines are highly advanced and require additional technology to keep them running at their best. Trident Auto uses sophisticated engine diagnostic equipment and vehicle computer data to pinpoint hidden problems and worn parts.
Depending on the age and model of your vehicle, your engine tune-up service will include:
- Battery voltage
- Charging voltage
- Power balance or dynamic compression (to identify any mechanical problems)
- Engine vacuum to detect air leaks as well as exhaust restrictions
- Scan for fault codes
- Check exhaust emissions
- Verify idle speed
- Check ignition timing — if possible (should be checked even if it is not adjustable)
If the tune-up finds no major faults, the following items should be replaced for preventive maintenance:
- Spark plugs
- Rotor and/or distributor cap (if required)
- Fuel filter; Air filter; PCV valve and breather filter Other parts on an “as needed” basis (things like spark plug wires, belts, hoses, fluids, etc.)
- Check and adjust (if required on older vehicles) ignition timing, idle speed and idle mixture; O2 sensor(s).
If you notice decreased gas mileage, loss of power, abnormal engine noises, or if your check engine light turns on, you should schedule a tune-up, or engine analysis as soon as possible. Our car services come with a service warranty as well. Help prolong the life of your car with regular service tune-ups at Trident Auto.
Get your vehicle service history by using our online portal
ABOUT TRIDENT AUTO
Trident Auto Performance & Smog is a full service Star Certified Smog Check Station and auto repair shop. We service all vehicles, both imports and domestic.
TRIDENT AUTO PERFORMACE & SMOG
FOLLOW US SOCIALLY